This article applies to:
EaseUS Backup Center 9.1 and later versions
Since version 9.1 of EaseUS Backup Center, a new feature deploying installation package was added, with which user can send the installation file of EaseUS Todo Backup (our backup tool) to the machines need to be managed and install it automatically.
It will definitely easy the management job, but, it is some kind of sensitive to network connection and configuration. This article gives the basic requirement for the connection and some possible solutions for connection issues.
To correctly deploy the installation files, the following options are required to be fulfilled first.
1. For the machines running Windows Vista and higher versions, enable the network shared option and others by command:
netsh firewall set service all
2. For the machine running Windows XP, disable User Simple File Sharing. Following picture shows how to find that option.
3. Enable Administrator account on target machine. Right click This PC and choose Manage, then following the picture below to do so.
4. Temprarily diable UAC on target machine, this needs to be done in Windows Registry, which can be started by entering Regedit in Windows run dialog box.
However, if the target machine still cannot be reached after all above rules are followed. There are 2 methods are worth to try.
Create a new entry in Windows registry. Here are the steps
1. Open the registry editor by entering Regedit in Windows run dialog box;
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem;
3. Right-click on the blank area of the pane on the right side and add a new DWORD (32-bit);
4. Name the new created item with LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy.
5. Double click on it and specify the value to 1.
Modify Windows Group Policy, the steps are:
1. Press “Win + R” to load Windows run dialog box and input gpedit.msc;
2. Navigate to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options;
3. Find Network access: Sharing and security model for local accounts;
4. Double click to open this item and ensure the option Classic - local users authenticate as themselves is selected.
If there are still any connection issues, please just contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further help. And please ensure the following information is included in your email.
1. Your net work configuration.
2. In which step you encountered issue and what the error message is, it is better that you could include some screenshots.
3. The error report of our product. Here is a guide article how to get it:
And our technical support team may ask for a remote connection to analyze the issue further in some cases, for how to start the connection, here is another artilce: